You can’t build killer muscles without a killer gym.
You may not have enough time to go to the gym for many reasons; hectic work schedule, traffic congestion, hobbies, are just a few of them.
Below are some of the must-have equipment for muscle building and effective fitness, right inside the comfort of your home.
#1: The Power Rack
No home gym is complete without the presence of a power rack.
Provides safe full-body exercises.
Considered as the center-piece of any gym, provides you with the framework for everything else, including body-weight training as well as core strength training.
The power rack also serves as the anchor for those who indulge in resistance training and bands.
Below is a great power rack you can find on Amazon. The perfect center-piece for your home gym.
- A walk-in design that is wide enough, alongside numerous side-to-side movements.
- Two heat-resistance lift-offs alongside some safety metal rods.
- Comes with extras such as; inclined presses, flat bench and shoulder shrugs.
- Measures 44 x 82 x 46 inches in Width, Height and Diameter, and comes with a 10-year manufacturer warranty.
#2: The Olympic bar and Bumper Plates
Unlike the standard bars that weigh less than 30 pounds, the Olympic bar is great for heavy-hitters, weighs in at around 45 pounds and can handle heavier loads and does not bend.
As the bar is pretty heavy, removing and loading bumper plates is safer.
Below is an excellent Olympic bar and bumper plates:
- 7 feet black finish Olympic bar
- 30mm diameter grip, 51.5″ between collars
- capacity, 44lb bar weight
- 5lb to 45lb
- Made of solid cast iron.
- Oversized grip areas for easy handling.
- Accommodates 2″ bars
#3: The Kettle bells
The center of gravity provided by this device has transformed the way exercises are done at home.
Swings around and helps you increase or decrease the endurance training provided.
Helps workout the entire body within a short period.
Below you can find great kettle bells available on Amazon:
- Protective vinyl shell to prevent wear and tear.
- 5lb to 20lb
#4: The Foam roller
One of the main functions of the foam roller is to speed up your recovery time after your workout.
It can be made to hit the tight points of your muscles, thus easing off the knots and increasing the range of your motion.
It can be used before and after exercises to boost performance and speed up muscle repairs.
This product can be purchased below:
- Three different sizes.
- 2lbs molded polypropylene foam.
- Will not lose its shape after heavy use.
- Repels liquids.
- Comes with a 1 year limited manufacturer warranty.
#5: The Cardio machine
This device comes with a front wheel that works through resistance, and that means the harder you pedal the more resistance your get.
It is most suitable for prolonged cardio workouts as well as resistance training.
A good one below:
- Two types, one with a backrest and the other without backrest.
- Comes with hand pulse censors.
- 8 different resistance levels.
- An LCD display.
#6: The Resistance bands
These devices are not only suitable for improving mobility, they are also suitable as suspension trainer.
All you have to do is to attach one to your power rack, and you can work-out your bodyweight by varying the difficulty levels.
These devices are very portable, and can even be used while you are on the move.
- Comes in different colours, including yellow, red and blue.
- 4 feet long.
- Color coded resistance levels: yellow for light, red for medium, and blue for heavy.
#7: The Suspension trainer
This is a solid training tool in its own right and can be regarded as the ultimate exercise accessory you should consider for your home.
Provides something similar to pull-ups and pushups, however, quite a complex piece of equipment overall.
The device is ultra-portable and all you need to do is attaching it to your power rack and you are good to go.
- Easy setup in less than 60 seconds.
- Progress any exercise using only your bodyweight.
#8: The adjustable bench
The adjustable bench provides a platform for hundreds of different types and weights of lifts, hence you can perform your bench presses, hip thrusts and supported rows.
Just like the power rack, the adjustable bench will help you achieve much better flexibility.
This product can be purchased below:
- It can adjust to four positions, and supports different exercises.
- Has a removable leg with hold-down brace that provide support for the decline positions.
- Corrects the body posture and stabilizes the body’s position for different body building exercises.
- Comes with a 15-year warranty on the frame as well as 1-year warranty on upholstery component.
Dumbbells remain the most versatile types of weights you must have in your home.
All you need to do is to make use of one dumbbell at a time in other to gain more stability as well as stamina and power.
The adjustable versions of dumbbells are even more preferred to the non-adjustable ones, because they can replace your entire rack of traditional dumbbells and they even cost half of such traditional dumbbells.
This product can be purchased online:
- Each dumbbell in the set weighs between 5 and 52 pounds, hence you can increase the total weight.
- You can switch from one form of exercise to another.
- Joins 15 sets of different weights into one product or device.
- Remove the needs to buy multiple dumbbells, thus, you can save even more spaces with the device.
- Comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty on the weight plates as well as the non-movable parts.
#10: The rubber flooring
You must have seen rubber flooring in commercial gyms, nothing should stop you from using them too.
Rubber floors will do two basic things, protect your floor and your weights from being damaged.
Secondly, these floors will eliminate the sounds of dropping weights.
You should know that rubber is far better than concrete and wooden floors, you may want to consider the half-inch thick versions because they are not too thin neither are they too thick.
- Comes in a pack of 6.
- Shock absorbing non-toxic EVA foam, protects floors from damage.
- Comes with non-toxic EV foam, uitable for the environment.
- Lightweight, and also comes with water-resistant feature, protected against varying weather conditions and can be used outdoors.
- The floors can be cleaned with detergent and water, and they don’t peel, wear or tear when cleaned.
- Designed with inter-locking tiles that has 2 straight-edges each.
- Can be stored when not in use.
- Measures 24 x 24 x 0.5 inches in Length, breadth and thickness.
#11: The Treadmill
The treadmill is a common home exercise device that has been relied upon by millions of users all around the world.
- Foldable – save even more space.
- Six personal trainer workouts.
- Comes with two-position incline levels.
- Comes with a comfortable cushioning system that supports the weight of the user, hence does not exert pressure on your footwear.
- LCD features as well as USB point where you can connect your smartphone and share your treadmill results on social media.
- Comes with 5 year manufacturer warranty.
There are numerous devices for working out at home, however, it is important to choose the most flexible and safe ones that will provide the best possible results.
What’s the most essential piece of equipment in your home gym?